Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fort Worth, TX

On Friday night we stayed at Eagle Resorts RV Park in Fort Worth,Texas.  As soon as we got there, we parked, hooked up, and left to go explore the city.  I am after a pair of boots I saw on a Marshall's commercial, and there happened to be a Marshall's near by, so we stopped.  No luck on the boots, but we did find a wireless mouse--which would come in handy if we ever again found wireless--a pair of summer shoes for S--I guess I should have packed for 90 degree weather--and a belt for Mark.  Then we checked out the downtown. 



Downtown was nice.  Main Street was cobble stoned and had cute topiaries.  We took some pictures and had lunch.  That was exciting because it was our first time eating out since we hit the road.  And Judah didn't disappoint in the picture posing department...         



I said, "Let's take a nice picture of the boys in front of the bull topiary in Texas."  This was the best we got.  Judah is hanging from the bull's ring directly above a sign that says don't touch or sit on (or, I am assuming, hang from) the statues while Saywer is trying to run into the street. Priceless




After downtown, we went back to the RV and kicked it.  The boys played while I did laundry.  Mark searched for internet.  It turns out one of the full timers had internet, and they let me use it to work.  I had a nice chat with them as I sat on their porch and posted to discussion threads.



Mark yelling at Holden to stop barking

Looking for more stuff to play with

Trying to find internet



The next day we woke up and went to the farmer's market. I had scoped out the FM scene and read about one that I thought sounded really great.  I was really excited about it and we were down to some tomatoes and a half a head of cauliflower.  After getting lost a couple of times and getting into several direction related "discussions," we finally made it to the weakest farmers market I have ever seen.  Seriously, there were like 10 booths and the only produce available were peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, and melons.  I got some of everything, and some goat cheese, but it will be slim pickings around here until I find a market in Austin.  That said, Judah did make friends with a little girl, and in talking to her mom it came out that she is from ...West Bend!  Small world.

After the market we went home and Judah made another friend--this time a little boy--at the RV park.  They rode bikes and played rocket launcher while I whipped up lunch and Mark got us ready to take off. He and Judah even checked put the roof to make sure it was roadworthy.




Then we headed for Georgetown--a stopover on our way to Austin.  On the way we spotted a familiar sight...

4 comments:

  1. Jen, you are awesome! I love love love reading about your days! Thank you for posting your stories and sharing your pictures. I am sorry I have not commented more...I will try to do a better job. I love your adventure and can't wait to read about your next city. lots of hugs to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go honey, you are doing a GREAT job journaling your day to day life. I think you have the makings of an author.I am so glad you all are having a wonderful time. I will pray for more naptime though,for everyone. We love you all,stay safe and God Bless. oxox Mom,Jim & Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up with your blog...keep up the good work, it's lots of fun to follow. We had a fun night last night with Tom in town. A group of 20 at the Milwaukee Ale House in Grafton. Both your Mom and Dad were there. We missed you! Still waiting for Nathan to arrive.
    Auntie Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen, I love reading your blog. It is great seeing all the places you are and watching the boys. I sounds like you are all having a blast. I miss you all very much and think of you a zillion times each day. The saving grace is reading all about your adventures. Keep safe. I love you all. Give J and S a big hug and kiss from La La.

    ReplyDelete