Sunday, October 24, 2010

Austin, Part II

One of the places I wanted to eat in the Austin area was at Round Rock Doughnuts.  It turns out, though, that we had passed Round Rock on our way to Austin and it was about 20 miles away.  Mark wasn't up for the trip, so I did some research and found this gem...


Gordoughs.  The doughnuts were $4.25 each, but well worth it.  We got one with cake batter filling, chocolate fudge icing, and strawberries and oreos on top, an order of "Blue Balls" (doughnut holes with blueberry icing and blueberries, and "Bringing the Heath" with cream cheese icing and heath bar crumbles.  They were absolutely amazing.  I still can't stop thinking about them.


After we gorged ourselves on doughnuts, we hung out in the front yard for awhile.

Mark cut the dogs nails.


Judah got hurt...


...and Sawyer got dirty (are we starting to see a trend here?).


Beans was playing nicely with the instruments...


until he noticed Judah playing with the trunk of his bike, some water, and a plastic ice cream cone.  Judah didn't want to share and some drama ensued.  Poor Beans just wants to play whatever his brother is playing, but poor Judah just wants to play with what he is playing with without Sawyer destroying it, which is understandable.  This leads to some problems in the Willacker household.  



In tribute to Wren Dider's Wrenzilla days, I have begun calling Sawyer Beanzilla.  Here is proof of his existence...


After an afternoon of playing, we had really worked up an appetite.  So we headed off to Dog Almighty for some fabulous veggie dogs.  I had a ruben veggie brat and Mark had a veggie brat with vegan chili and cheese.  Plus we had some chili fries. Delish!



When we had first gotten to Austin, I read about a cupcake truck that is supposed to have the most amazing cupcakes.  We tracked it down that day, but it was closed.  After our hot dog dinner, I asked Judah what he wanted to do next.  He said "Get cupcakes!"  I couldn't have agreed more.  This time Hey Cupcake! was open.  We ordered a Classic and a Sweetberry.  We were half way through them when Judah reminded me that I had forgotten to take a picture.  


 
Full and happy, we went home to play (or, in Mark's case, drink too much beer).


This is what life is often like (or feels like) for me in the RV.  We don't have much space, so everyone is always on top of each other. It is usually nice, but sometimes it gets ridiculous.


Judah and his head lamp--it was love at first sight.   


The next morning...


Did I mention Mark drank too much beer?  I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but these are giant bottles.


Beans wanted to join the pile.  Even H and K are in there.


After Mark dragged himself out of bed, we headed to my last food destination--Juan in a Million--for breakfast.  There was a Man Vs. Food challenge there and I was excited to go.  I didn't try the challenge, but I had a yummy breakfast burrito.  Remember I said that we had only eaten out once before we got to Austin--that was so I could gorge when we got to a place with a lot of delicious options, and man did I.  We left Austin full and in love with the "weird" city.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun city! I wish I could have ate a veggie brat with you :)oh and the cupcake and donuts too!

    ReplyDelete