Monday, March 28, 2011

Charleston, SC

When we got to our RV park in Charleston, the noseeums were still in full effect, so we played inside. The kids made forts in the back. Judah likes to hang a blanket from the cupboards to make a tent around his bed and then pile pillows up around Sawyer's bed to make an igloo. And Sawyer goes along with just about anything.


Mark found, caught, and released a spider. He claims it was big, but I thought it was pretty wimpy.


The first night we took a driving tour of the downtown while the kids slept in the car, which has now kind of become our first night routine.

Then, the next day, we went to check out the beach. There was a big fishing pier on Folly Beach. We walked down that.


This was going to be our last coastal stop, so we all came to terms with that.



And bid adieu to the ocean.


Then we sat in and played with the sand.



Here is a picture of me, just to show that I still exist.



The kids have been spending a lot of time in the bathtub lately. Since we are inside a lot, it is just one more thing to do. This time they made a hella mess. They swiped my peppermint Dr. Bronners bar soap, dropped it in the bath water, and then splashed and kicked until it churned up a tub full of bubbles. Then they took buckets of the water and dumped it into the sink and toilet, making sure to get plenty on the floor in the process. If you look closely, you can see the water dripping off of the side of the tub, the cupboard covered in bubbles, and the counter top slick with water. But at least they got super clean.


Then they bundled up and chilled out.


In the morning, some neighbors stopped by for breakfast. I feel like when we settle again, we are going to have to adopt some ducks--they have become such a routine part of our days. But then they'd poop all over everything and bite us, so maybe not.


So I'm eight weeks pregnant now. As I've mentioned, I'm nauseous, and exhausted, and emotional. But what I didn't mention is that I'm also huge. I get really big with my babies. Really big. So my skin on my belly is all stretched out. And I carry may weight in my belly when I am not pregnant, so I always have a pooch. But by week 6 of this pregnancy, I was visibly showing and couldn't fit in my jeans. And now, at week 8, I literally have one outfit I can wear. I could wear dresses, too, but it's gotten a little chilly for that. So I wear my one outfit every day and hang out in lounge wear when we're just in the RV. It's awesome that we are never in the same place long enough for anyone to notice. Anyways, here's my belly at exactly eight weeks...  



3 comments:

  1. I love your belly! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an amazing 8 week belly --- it looks like a girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your belly!!! You are just too cute Jen! Are you feeling any better? How long does your "morning" sickness usually last? I hope you are doing well...I miss you!

    ReplyDelete