Friday, December 10, 2010

Wellton, AZ

We intended to be at the next RV park by 5:00 so that it would be open for us to check in, get a spot, and get the wireless code. We were running late, so I called at 4:00 to let them know we would be there in about an hour, but just had to leave a message.  As we crossed the border, I realized that there was a time change between California and Arizona, so it had been 5:00 when I called and the office was already closed.  When we got there at 6:00 the office was still closed, so we just pulled into a spot. But because no one was there to check us in , we didn't have the code for the internet.  I was freaking out because I was already behind on posting and grading and needed to get work done.  The town we were in was so tiny that the closest Starbucks or McDonalds was over 30 minutes away and through a border patrol check point.  I pouted while Mark tried to figure out what was wrong with the Bounder...


and the kids played.


The next morning, I got the code for the internet, only to realize that it was completely useless.  It was really slow and kept cutting out.  I said we needed to leave right away so that I could get some work done.  Mark saw that it was a beautiful day and that no one here would care if he worked on the RV, so he wanted to stay another night to finish changing the spark plugs and wires.  It had to be done, so I reluctantly agreed.  Then, in a moment of brilliance, I typed public library into my navigation.  It turns out there was one three blocks away!  So the kids played outside while Mark worked on the engine and I left to work at the cool, quite library.  




When I got home, the boys were still hard at work. 




They were filthy, but luckily it was warm enough outside to run around half naked--they just had to watch out for scorpions and prickers.



We had a really productive day!  I finished grading all of my students' discussion posts and drafts and Mark was able to change all of the plugs and wires! And it ended with a fabulous sunset and a visit from a new friend.




We enjoyed the weather and the work that got accomplished in Wellton, AZ, but we were definitely ready to move on to Phoenix and begin the trek home.  

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Judah looking at the praying Mantis ? is so awesome. I can just see the wonder in his face great timing on capturing it. LOVE YOU ALL.

    ReplyDelete