Monday, December 27, 2010

Texas--the last leg

Since we were having so much fun playing at Hill Shade, we left kind of late.  And we had a lot of driving to do to get to our next spot.  As we drove we decided that we were going to get there so late and leave so early, that it would be dumb to pay for an RV park. So we found a nice Wal Mart just past Dallas and set up camp.  We were starving, so we immediately headed out to get dinner.  We found a pizza and salad buffet and filled our bellies and pretended to drive race cars.


Then we headed home.


The parking lot was so bright, that we didn't even need to use lights.  The boys spent the rest of the evening being monkeys in the dark.


The next morning we hit up the Wal Mart for some last minute supplies and then hit the road.  After another long day of driving, we arrived at our RV park in Texarkana.  It was wooded and quiet (until we got there) and really pretty.  The kids did their thing.   




While I graded.  I hadn't gotten much work done at Hill Shade, so I had some catching up to do. I sat here and graded even as we unhooked and drove away.


I finished my last paper while driving through Arkansas.  Then we stopped outside of a McDonald's so that I could hand back papers and post grades.  Then I was done and ready to enjoy my two week break!

No comments:

Post a Comment