Saturday, January 15, 2011

There's no place like home for the holidays

After dropping the Bounder off at Dale's farm, we made the drive home to Wisconsin in two days. When we got to my dad's house we immediately threw on the first warm stuff we saw and ran outside to play in the snow.  


The next day, my mom came over and we all hung out and prepped the food for the upcoming feasts. Judah wanted to rock a mustache like Grandpa, so he used a branch from the Christmas tree and some tape. Then they were twins. 


Judah had a blast playing in the snow. He spent hours out there. Sawyer, on the other hand, hated it. I think he would have liked if not for the oppressive snow gear, so I let him check it out in his jammies. My mom was appalled.    


On our second night home, we went to Janell and Andy's house for a reunion. A bunch of other friends surprised us there as well. It was so nice to see everyone! And the Samson-Judah reunion was beyond adorable. 


The kids played and the adults caught up. I had missed these guys like crazy.


Samson turned on Scooby-Doo for everyone and the big kids were enraptured. Sawyer just wanted to steal Owen's binkey.


Then Judah and Samson had a snack of cereal and milk in matching bowls. The cuteness was a little overpowering.


The next day was Christmas eve. Judah spent the day in the snow.


And Sawyer spent the day setting off the novelty Christmas figurines.


Judah and dad relaxed in bed in the afternoon.


That night, as per Camin Christmas tradition, the boys got to open one present. They opened their gifts from Aunt Lynne and Uncle Denny. Judah loved his Lightning McQueen legos and Sawyer was really excited about his talking and singing dog.


Before bed, Lala and Grandpa helped Judah set out a plate for Santa and his reindeer. 


The nest morning, Judah was crazy excited to get downstairs and see if Santa had showed up, but he waited patiently at the top of the steps for Grandpa to make coffee and get things ready. 


We stopped off in the living room to open stockings.


Then went into the kitchen to see if Santa had eaten his snack--he did!


Finally, we made it into the sun room to open presents. The boys really raked it in. And everyone had a sweet time exchanging presents and hanging out. 






After presents and Breakfast at Grandpas, we all got dressed and headed to Grandma's. The cousins were super excited to see each other. 


And everyone got a lot of fun presents.





Shea's riding toy was the hit of the party.





After some fun, and family photos, we headed to my Grandparent's house for some more food and family. 

Later, the boys got some more cousin time when little Sophia came over for a visit.


Our trip home was also pretty productive.Judah got a lot of reading done. 


So did Sawyer.


We met the Gorzalskis at an inflatable playland.The kids jumped and played and rocked out. 



We visited Kara and James and Charlotte. I always love chatting with Kara. And the kids always love playing at their super fun house.



On New Year's Eve we went over to the Ampes. The babies celebrated by jumping on the aero bed.


And, of course, we popped some bottles.


Judah ended up partying a little too hard and passed out on the couch shortly after the count down. 



The next morning, the babies had a group bath to get cleaned up for the new years party at the Gilkay's house.


They have a ton of costumes and great toys. Judah and Samson were living it up.


Mark, like Judah, had partied a little too hard the night before, so he spent most of his time on this couch.  The rest of us had an amazing time eating, chatting, and playing Catch Phrase.  I love the Gilkay's house on new years day.


The next day we headed to the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells for the Camin family annual water park extravaganza. Sawyer was sick and Judah was terrified of the falling water, so Mark spend most of the time with them in the room while I got to hit up all the water slides with my sisters.


Here we are walking up...


And here we are sliding down...


My dad also got in on the action.


This year, our outing happened to fall on my birthday, so we went out for dinner at High Rock in downtown Wisconsin Dells. It was delicious!   


On Friday, my sweet friends threw me a birthday party at the Didier's house.  It was so great to get together with everyone one last time. And I even got birthday cake!




Katie cut everyone's hair before we left. Sawyer wasn't having it, so Wren tried to cheer him up.


Then  she helped Katie cut Judah's hair.



Then she shared her bath with Sawyer.


Naked baby attack!!!


These kids are all so sweet. I miss them already...


On Saturday we went to Colleen Mattingly's wedding. It was so fun to see the Mattinglys again. I love them all so much and we don't see each other as much as we should. The wedding was beautiful, and I had a blast dancing with Lisa and Colleen until they turned on the lights and told us to leave. I'm sad that I don't have pictures of any of that, but I didn't have my camera with me and I forget to get Megan's pictures before I left. 





The wedding was in Lake Geneva, so we stayed the night in a hotel there. The next day, we went home and got all of our stuff together, and packed into the car. The Gorzalskis came to my dad's house for one last goodbye and then we all went to sleep. The next day we woke up at 5:30, transferred the kids into the car, kissed my dad goodbye, and began our trip back to the Bounder. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW Jen, I can not believe everything you guys did on your trip back to Wisconsin! You got to see so many people! It sounded lovely. Glad you are back to your blog though...I have missed you :)

    ReplyDelete